Join the ICWCI and you will become part of a professionally recognised organisation, dedicated to the promotion and projection of those involved in site inspection.
The Institute has a long established, highly recognised status within the construction industry, and the designations LICWCI, MICWCI and FICWCI are accepted as the benchmark of professional recognition and standing.
Benefits of ICWCI Membership
1. The ICWCI is the recognised Body for Construction Inspection. The Institute dates back to 1882, with a strong reputation for quality and professionalism.
2. We have 20+ Meeting Centres (many known as Chapters), each providing:
• CPD events
• Regular meetings for discussion/ sharing issues and challenges facing the construction inspection profession
• Professional and social visits
• New member interviews
Many of our regions are also involved in developing and maintaining links with other local professional associations, committees and construction related establishments.
3. Mandatory CPD – All members (with exception to those who are retired or honorary members) are required to complete 18 CPD hours per year. Our CPD Officer is at hand to provide guidance to those who require advice/assistance.
4. Communications - We connect with our members in various ways, through our: monthly magazine ‘Site Recorder’; our website (www.icwci.org); our LinkedIn Group (ICWCI); our Twitter feed (@ICWCIGB) and not forgetting ‘email’. Through regular communication, our members are kept informed of Institute and Industry news, including regulation updates and issues, health & safety, events, CPD and training opportunities, product information etc.
5. We have a long term association with a specialist insurance company, providing discounts to members who are seeking professional and indemnity insurance.
6. Technical advice is available by contacting our headquarters. The ICWCI Technical Hub has specialists with knowledge in specific fields of expertise, and our LinkedIn Group is very useful for sharing information, debating topics or when there is a need to ask a question that other ICWCI members could have the answer to.
7. We hold an annual conference, usually in spring, hosted by one of our regions. The event includes a mixed professional and social programme so that delegates may bring their partners along too. The professional aspect of the event includes seminars, trade stands, the ICWCI AGM, networking opportunities, and every other year the highly esteemed ICWCI Building on Quality Awards Presentation evening.
8. We publish useful documents and forms and our publication “Clerk of Works and Site Inspector Handbook” is available at a discounted rate to members.
9. We are a member of the Construction Industry Council, the umbrella body for the Construction Industry, maintaining strong links with other influential bodies.
10. We organise and promote our own biennial awards programme, recognising the key contribution that Site Inspectors make in completion of projects.
11. The designatory letters LICWCI, MICWCI and FICWCI are widely known and respected throughout the construction industry.
12. The ICWCI is a recognised Professional Body with Construction Skills, which enables Members to qualify for CSCS cards. A letter confirming Membership of ICWCI can be sent to CSCS on request, so as long as Members complete and pass the Health & Safety exam they are eligible for a CSCS Professional Persons card.