1.0 CODE OF CONDUCT
1) Election to, and acceptance of, membership of the Institute binds those so elected to this Code of Conduct, our Professional and Ethical Standards and also to the Institute’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. This Code of Conduct applies to all members, regardless of grade held, type or status of employment, whether they continue to practice or not and whether they are in membership in the United Kingdom or elsewhere.
2) All in membership undertake to further the aims and objectives of the Institute to the best of their abilities throughout their period of membership, and to promote and advance the ethos of membership to their colleagues and fellows, and through this encourage them into membership.
3) All members shall conduct themselves in such a way that the respect, reputation, honour and dignity of the Institute is upheld, maintained and enhanced at all times.
4) All members shall carry out their professional duties to the highest standards commensurate with the Institute’s motto, contained on its Coat of Arms, “Potestate, Probitate et Vigilantia” “Ability, Integrity and Vigilance”.
5) All members shall endeavour to maintain, through CPD or other means, the highest levels of knowledge, both in spirit and deed, to ensure that they are able to comply with the requirements of law as they apply to the construction industry, including, but not restricted to, matters of Health, Safety and Welfare as well as those that relate to the equal and fair treatment of all, regardless of creed, colour, gender, religious belief or sexual orientation or physical impediment.
6) Members shall never knowingly damage or otherwise harm the name, standing or reputation of others.
THIS CODE OF CONDUCT DOES NOT FORM A PART OF THE INSTITUTE’S MEMORANDUM AND/OR ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION