Please see below for a current list of vacancies.
Construction Quality Officer
SANDWELL BOROUGH COUNCIL
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council’s Urban Design & Building Services team is looking to employ a permanent Construction Quality Officer.
You will be working alongside a creative, innovative, multi-disciplinary and self-motivated team of professionals (architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, property surveyors, mechanical and electrical engineers and associated co-ordination staff).
You will form part of the project team on a range of different projects. Your role will involve interactive and collaborative working with our in-house teams, other local authorities and private sector consultants.
You will be required to assist in the provision of a full range of building clerk of works services on a variety of new build, re-modelling and refurbishment projects on behalf of Urban Design & Building Services internal and external clients. Including housing, education, leisure schemes ranging from £10k to £20m. You will be an integral part of the project management team comprising of 1 senior quality officer and 2 quality officers.
We offer flexible working hours, to help maintain a good work life balance.
This current vacancy is suited to a suitably qualified person. The minimum requirements for this post are you must have a level 3 equivalent qualification in a construction related subject area or be able to demonstrate relevant skills and training to a similar or higher level than the aforementioned with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a construction related trade. Further technical and practical training, where appropriate, will be provided.
For an informal chat, please contact Helen Coldicott, Strategic Lead Design Manager on 07379 067247 or email: email@example.com
Please note, we are not currently accepting CVs
Closing date: 08/03/24
Construction Clerk of Works
SDA Consulting LLP
- To be responsible for inspecting, monitoring, and reporting on the quality and progress of work.
- To have thorough technical knowledge of construction methods, construction processes, building regulation requirements and relevant health and safety standards.
- To familiarise themselves with and understand relevant drawings, specifications and schedules forming the building contract;
- To perform regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of works on site, checking site operations and construction works comply with the relevant contract documents and statutory requirements.
- To provide written weekly reports on quality and progress, with photographic records. Report writing should be of a high content and format standard.
- To attend monthly project progress meetings where required during the construction phase.
- To assist with handover processes and perform snagging and defect inspections as required under the contract;
- Have a proven track record of successfully carrying out Clerk of Works services;
- Be a member of the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate or be Chartered Member of the Institute of Building or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors;
- Be North West based to support our work across a diverse range of construction projects across the North West Region;
- Have PI Insurance cover in place or be willing to put this in place.
- Have excellent verbal and written presentation skills and the ability to produce reports to a professional standard;
- Be able to develop good working relations with project team members on each project;
- Be able to use Microsoft Word, email and online document management systems to review drawings, specifications and schedules;
Those interested in working with SDA Consulting LLP in a flexible capacity should send their CV/Profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your hourly/daily rate.
Clerk of Works
Based within the Estates and Facilities Service, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced construction professional to join our Capital Team. This post is known as a Project Engineer or Project Surveyor (PEPS) within the University, but often referred to as a Clerk of Works within the construction industry.
The Capital Team is an in-house service that is responsible for the design, development and management of capital development projects across the university. Our 50-acre Newcastle City Centre Campus is the hub of teaching, research and collaboration, and we have a strong pipeline of projects that seek to respond to a number of key strategic priorities including: a net-zero carbon target for 2030 and ensuring our facilities enable high quality education and world-class research. This role will play a significant part in providing a campus for the future.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience working on building projects in the construction industry. This could be as a contractor, consultant or in a client-side role. You will oversee the supervision of the university's major capital developments, as well as occasional long-term maintenance and improvements projects within the service, Project values range broadly, and therefore your workload will be both varied and interesting.
The Projects Engineers/Surveyors operate within a team of four, reporting to a team leader - Andy Ransome. There are five other team members across the Capital Team, including Capital and Planning Manager - James Adshead, three Senior Project Managers and a Soft Landings Manager. Your role is based at our Newcastle City Centre Campus, with some occasional travel to offsite locations across the North East.
Please reach out to James Adshead, Capital and Planning Manager on email@example.com to arrange a call to chat about this opportunity.
Please note: The University has funding available for any candidates who do not currently hold a valid CSCS Card (Construction Safety Certification Scheme).
To apply and for further details please visit: Clerk of Works (ncl.ac.uk)
Clerk of Works / Site Inspector
Various sites - London
Commensurate with experience + Bonus + Benefits
Clerk of Works: As a result of a number of exciting, long-term contract wins, a fantastic opportunity now exists to join a positive, energetic and forward thinking multi-disciplinary private practice, with a number of unique employee benefits and the opportunity to work on some truly fulfilling projects with high-profile industry leading clients and professional, like-minded colleagues.
Over the last two years Capital have seen extensive growth in their business which will enable new and existing employees to develop both professionally and personally within a progressive and dynamic business for the next decade and beyond.
- To assist and work with the Capital Project Management and Contract Administration Teams engaged on large scale Refurbishment and external Repair Projects, including major Cladding Remediation Contracts.
- To provide Clerk of Works/Site Inspector services, including Site inspections and Reporting.
Skills & Experiences
- Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works or other Building Construction related qualification.
- Experience in the construction industry at Site Management level or as Clerk of Works relevant to specific contracts, either working for Consultants or Local Authorities/Housing Associations.
- IT Competent (Microsoft Office - Word and Excel).
- Works collaboratively within a team whilst also being able to work independently when required.
Capital will ensure you have all the support you’ll need to take your career to the next level. In addition to a highly competitive salary, a benefits package including flexible working (designed to fit around childcare or similar existing commitments) and a re-location package for those candidates not currently based in the South East or who would need to move location to take up employment is also available. Capital is dedicated to providing opportunities for ambitious people to grow within the business and develop their career path through the company up to Partner and Director level. Apply now!
For further details visit: https://www.capitalpcc.co.uk/careers/
or to email to apply or request further information: firstname.lastname@example.org